2018-2019 Scholarship Application Deadline is March 22, 2019
To encourage high scholastic achievement, promote good sportsmanship, and recognize athletic achievement among athletes and trainers at Cy Woods High School.
- Eight $1000 scholarships awarded to both boy and girl athletes.
- One $5000 scholarship awarded to either a boy or girl athlete, based on the highest Assessment Criteria point value.
- Must be a Cy-Woods graduating senior athlete, trainer, cheerleader, or manager of UIL sport at Cy-Woods High School
> Cy-Woods UIL Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swim/Dive, Track, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 4.5 (on a 6.0 scale).
- Must have at least two years participation in athletics at Cy-Woods and be actively involved in community activities.
- Must exhibit good citizenship and character.
- Must be attending an accredited college or post-secondary institution.
> Applicants participating in collegiate athletics need to verify this scholarship complies with NCAA rules.
- Any applicant receiving a full academic or athletic scholarship is not eligible.
- Applicants are assessed on the following criteria, which have a maximum value of 100 points
> Proper application completeness: 10 points
> Academic: 0 - 25 points
> Athletic participation: 0 - 25 points
> Activities: 0 - 15 points
> Essay: 0 - 25 points
The following must be submitted by the application deadline in order to be considered:
- Completed, typed application. Additional pages may be included if more space is needed to respond to questions.
- Applicant essay, 2 pages, single-sided, double-spaced.
- Unofficial copy of transcript. Do not complete counselor’s verification of class rank. This information will be provided by school administration.
- Two recommendations, with at least one recommendation from a Cy-Woods teacher, professor, administrator, or coach.
> Recommendations must be submitted in a sealed envelope by the recommendation writer (not by the student). It is the responsibility of the applicant to follow up with the writer to ensure recommendations are submitted by the application deadline.
> Recommendations can be left in Laura Anderson’s mailbox or mailed to: Laura Anderson, Cypress Woods High School, 13550 Woods Spillane Blvd, Cypress, TX 77433